The Place d’Alliance is a square in Nancy, which was designed by the ingenious architect Emmanuel Héré. It is situated near the famous Place Stanislas and belongs to this classical ensemble (with the Place d’Alliance), which the UNESCO inscribed onto its list of world cultural héritage in 1983.
In the centre of Nancy the square is situated on the east site of the urban ensemble, which was built in the 1750, but with a distance of 150m it is still near the Place Stanislas. The square is framed by the streets rue Girardet, rue Guibal und rue Lyautey.
This square originally called Saint Stanislas Square is part of the architectural unity commissioned by Stanislas from Emmanuel Héré, to be built on the site of the Duke's kitchen garden. A baroque fountain by the sculptor Cyfflé, which to begin with, was meant to stand in the centre of the semicircle on Carrière Square was finally installed here. %u2028It is a symbol of the alliance in 1756 between the Austro-Hungarian Empire and France and is the origin of the name of the square.